Traditional Japanese Tokoname Black Teapot with a handmade ceramic strainer.
Capacity: 220ml capacity, 180ml for suitable usage. Suitable for 1-2 people at 100ml per person.
Body size: 15cm x 12.5cm x 7.5cm
Origin: Tokoname, Japan
Material: Tokoname Clay
- Tokoname ware uses iron-rich clay from the Chita Peninsula. The use of this clay produces the unique red color of the Tokoname Kyusu when put through firing.
- The iron in the Tokoname clay also reacts with the tannin in the tea, softening the astringency and making the tea mellow. This is perhaps the most distinctive feature of the Tokoname Kyusu teapot.
- A beautiful Kyusu of skilled craftsmanship made to fit the shape of your hand comfortably and securely. Today, this craft is one of Japan's "Important Intangible Cultural Heritage," designated by the Japanese government.
- The side-handle type design is uniquely Japanese and makes it highly convenient to serve the tea smoothly using one hand.
- A Tokoname ware Kyusu is a "Kyusu that matures." After many years of use, the kyusu's color and luster will enhance, and it will grow into your one-and-only unique piece.
- The strainer is attached to the mouth of the teapot, designed to maximize the pot space, allowing the tea leaves to open evenly and emit deliciousness and nutrients into the water.
- The ceramic strainer, also handmade, prevents the tea leaves from any unpleasant metallic smell or taste. It also reduces the risk of the strainer from clogging up compared to a metal strainer.
- Tokoname Kyusus are unglazed. They are categorized as "Stoneware" under Japanese pottery categorizations.
Free tracked delivery for shipping within Singapore. Read below for details on International shipping.
Soak the teapot in water or lukewarm water for at least 30 seconds to prevent staining and damage.
Do not dishwash. Do not microwave.
Wash using only water. Use a brush as needed.
Avoid using dishwashing liquid or soap when washing. If you do use, make sure you soak the teapot in water for a while after doing so.
Dry well after washing.
Have a Question? We're only one Whatsapp away!
Just send us your question on Whatsapp, and our friendly customer care will be happy to assist. (+65 8588 2980)
Free Tracked Delivery for shipping within Singapore
We provide free Singpost Tracked Delivery. We ship right from within Singapore - fast and no uncertainties, local support. Shipment processed within 1-2 working days of receiving your order. (We do a complimentary upgrade to Speedpost when the order size is large)
International shipping available
Please find the details here.
We've updated our return policy - increased to a 10-day return policy.
Please find details here.