How to make a delicious and rich Matcha cheesecake
Who wouldn't want a nice and rich cheesecake to go with their coffee or tea? It's not easy to find a quality Matcha cheesecake, especially if you're not living in Japan. So the solution here is, why not just make one!
It takes about 60 minutes to create a delicious Matcha cream cheese cake right at your home! Here we're using an 18 cm round cake baking mould pan with a removable bottom. Please try it out and let us how it goes!
- Recipe Name: Matcha Cheesecake
- Cake flour 50g
- Whip cream 200cc
- Cream cheese 200g
- Granulated sugar 80g
- Medium size eggs (2)
- Cookies 90g
- Butter 40g
- Lemon (half a lemon)
- Matcha Powder (here we used Aoarashi by Marukyu Taniguchien) 10g
- Prepare an 18cm round cake baking mold with a removable bottom.
- Measure and prepare ingredients.
- Sift Matcha powder.
- Sift cake flour. Add sifted Matcha powder and sift again.
- Melt butter using hot water.
- Squeeze lemon to extract juice, run through sift.
- pre-heat oven to 170 degrees Celsius
Step by Step guide:
1. Crush cookies for the cookie base.
We'll be using these cookies today. Small Marie Biscuits by Khong Guan.
Place 90g of cookies in a plastic bag, and crush them
After crushing it should end up looking like this.
2. Mix the crushed cookies with melted butter.
Prepare the melted butter. (Melt by placing the container in hot water)
Add the crushed cookies.
Mix (using a spoon)
3. Make the cookie base.
Use the bottom of a glass jar (or anything else hard)
Solidify the cookie base by patting it down using the jar.
Once complete, let it cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Make the dough
Whip the cream cheese until creamy. Little by little add sugar while mixing. Mix until smooth.
Add beaten eggs little by little while mixing.
It will look like this.
Now add the whip cream little by little while mixing.
Squeeze the lemon and put the juice through a tea strainer. Add it to the dough.
Add the pre-sifted cake flour and Matcha powder, mix.
Pour the dough into the mould pan.
Now it's ready to bake.
Pre-heat the oven at 170 degrees Celsius. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Once it's cooled, move it to the refrigerator to cool it for another 2 hours.