An Iced Matcha Latte - a quality you'll never get at a cafe
I love Matcha so much that I try to drink every chance I get! Because of my dedication to this drink, I've ended up drinking Matcha latte in many different cafe's in Singapore. Unfortunately, I must say that I have been disappointed by most of them.
Matcha is one of those drinks that you never really have an "in-between". It's like a sashimi. It's either really good, or it's really bad. Even if you like sashimi, you'd want to keep as far a distance as possible from the bad ones. Matcha is exactly the same.
Unfortunately the Matcha used in many cafes around Singapore are really not up to standards. If you would like to try Matcha latte, by far the best way is to buy good quality Matcha, and make it yourself. You'll be amazed at how wonderfully delicious this refreshing drink actually is.
As with all of my other recipes, I'm using the Aoarashi Matcha from Marukyu Koyamaen for this as well. It's a good solid Matcha for all cooking needs. It gives it the great rich taste of Matcha as well as a nice vibrant green color. However, when I'd like to treat myself, I would use Marukyu Koyamaen's Unkaku. It really makes for an unbelievably pleasurable drink.
It's been hot these couple of days. You deserve a quality cold drink to awaken your cells. Give the Iced Matcha latte using one of Koyamaen's Matcha a try!
- Recipe Name: Iced Matcha Latte
- Brown sugar 10g
- Milk 150 ml
- Milk (for whipping) 50 ml
- Matcha Powder (here we used Aoarashi by Marukyu Taniguchien) 6g
- Prepare ingredients.
- Dissolve stiffed Matcha powder and brown sugar with 1 tablespoon of hot water.
- Add Milk.
- Whip milk and pour it on 3.
- Sprinkle Matcha powder
- Key Point!
- The Matcha should be strong enough even when diluted with some ice
Step by Step guide:
1. Prepare ingredients.
Prepare your ingredients
2. Dissolve stiffed Matcha powder and brown sugar with 1 tablespoon of hot water.
Sift Aoarashi Matcha Powder into 1 tbsp of hot water
Add brown sugar
Mix to dissolve
3. Add milk
Add normal milk (150ml)
Add some ice
4. Whip milk and pour it on 3.
Add whipped milk gently onto the cup.
Should look like this.
5. Sprinkle Matcha powder and enjoy!