How to make French style thin Matcha biscuit cookies (Matcha Langues de Chat)
How about a simple snack to go with your Coffee? Langes de Chat made with Matcha will be a fantastic choice! In this article, we'll go over a simple way to bake these tasty treats that would work perfectly for your afternoon teatime.
This recipe will make roughly 50 pieces of delicious cookies of about 3cm in diameter. We use the Aoarashi Matcha Powder from Marukyu Koyamaen as it produces fantastic results! If budget allows, I also recommend the Isuzu Matcha powder for this as well. The taste and color will be even better!
- Recipe Name: Thin Matcha biscuit cookies (Matcha Langues de Chat)
For this recipe, we require the same amount of egg white, butter, sugar and cake flour. In this case we used egg whites from 3 M sized eggs which amounted in 98 grams, so we'll measure 98 grams for the other ingredients as well.
- Egg white 98g
- Butter 98g
- Icing sugar or granulated sugar 98g
- cake flour 98g
- Matcha Powder (here we used Aoarashi by Marukyu Taniguchien) 13g
- Keep the egg white in the refrigerator until use.
- Measure all ingredients.
- Sift and mix the Matcha powder and cake flour.
- Soften butter to room temperature.
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
Step by Step guide:
1. Making the cookie dough.
Mix the softened butter until creamy
2. Gradually add the sugar as you mix.
Gradually add the sugar as you mix
3. Gradually add the egg white as you mix.
It's important to add the egg white little by little so the egg white mixes well with the butter.
Gradually add the egg white
4. Add the pre-sifted Matcha and cake flour
add the pre-sifted Matcha powder and cake flour
Continue to mix until green
5. pipe cookies
Prepare cookie piper
Pipe to make 2cm size round cookies
Looking yummy already!
Bake in oven at 160 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Take out of the oven
Serve and enjoy!